"This township lies upon the shore of Long Point Bay, having Woodhouse Gore to the east, Windham and Middleton on the north, and Walsingham on the west..." "Charlotteville was settled in 1796. A number of UEL's took up lands in the township at that early day, among whom were the Ryersons, McCalls, Walshs, and a few others..."
[1877 Historical Atlas of Haldimand & Norfolk Counties]
Early Settlers include - Job Lodor Family, James Mitchell Family, Ryerson Family, Daniel McCall Family,
CHARLOTTEVILLE in 1846
A township in the Talbot District; is bounded on the east by Woodhouse, on the north by Wyndham, on the west by Walsingham, and the south-east and south by Lake Erie. In Charlotteville, 31,064 acres are taken up, 9546 of which are under cultivation. This township contains a considerable quantity of pine. The villages of Vittoria and Normandale are situated in Charlottville. There are three grist and seven saw mills, and two distilleries in the township. Population in 1841, 1969; who are principally Canadians and Americans. Ratable property in the township, £36,777
[Reference: Wm. H. Smith's 1846 Canadian Gazetteer. Upper Province or Canada West. Published for the author by H. & W. Rowsell, Toronto, Courtesy of Elva Sanghera, Burnaby, B.C.]